- On 24 December 2018, Regulation (EU) 2018/1999 of 11 December 2018 on the governance of the Energy Union entered into force, which, inter alia, required all EU Member States to notify the European Commission by 31/12/18 of a first draft of National Integrated Energy and Climate Plan2021-2030 (NECP). Belgium has complied with this obligation and has sent the Commission, on 31/12/18, its first draft NECP and the relevant annexes, which you can consult below in accordance with Article 3 of the Governance Regulation.
- A public consultation (deadline : 15 July 2019) has been launched on the draft National Energy and Climate plan (2021-2030) in execution of article 10 of the Governance Regulation. This consultation allows citizens and stakeholders to give input on the draft plan prior to its final adoption and submission to the European Commission by the end of 2019.
The results of the public consultation are available in FR and NL.
- At the end of 2019, Belgium sent to the European Commission the final version of its National Integrated Energy-Climate Plan (NECP).
- Publication of the National Energy-Climate Plan 2021-2030 of Belgium
- https://www.nationalenergyclimateplan.be (soon)
- See Reports
- CONCERE / ENOVER
- Joint views on the draft National Energy and Climate Plan 2030 - CFDD/FRDO, CCE/CRB, SERV, Minaraad, CESE Wallonie – Pôle environnement – pôle energie, CESRBC/ESRBHG, CERBC/RLBHG (FR/NL)
- View of the Federal Council for Sustainable Development on the draft National Energy and Climate Plan 2030 (FR/NL)
- New contribution from the CCE/CRB to the National Integrated Energy-Climate Plan (FR/NL). 24/10/2019.
Opinion of the Advisory Council on Policy Coherence for Development : Belgian and European policies on biofuels. March 2019.
- All national plans of the Member States published by the European Commission
- Commission recommendation of 18.6.2019 on the draft integrated National Energy and Climate Plan of Belgium covering the period 2021-2030 ; Staff working document ; factsheet BE
- Communication from the Commission : United in delivering the Energy Union and Climate Action - Setting the foundations for a successful clean energy transition ; Methodological annexes 1 and 2 ; factsheet EU
Planning for net zero : assessing the draft national energy and climate plan. May 2019. Climact & Ecologic Institute. Study commissioned by the European Climate Foundation. Ranking exercise of the draft National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs) of the 28 EU Member States : Belgium's score
Draft National Energy and Climate Plans transport ranking. June 2019. Transport and Environment. See page 34 for details of Belgium.